Note that there are many models available of NETGEAR router with different configurations, the process for login into the admin panel will be the same for all.
How to access NETGEAR Router Admin page?
For accessing your NETGEAR router admin page, you are required to log in into it using your credentials. Here, we are sharing the same in some easy steps breakdown. However, before you start, you must ensure that you are connected well to the NETGEAR Router network. Let’s begin reading the steps now-
- First, you have to open a web browser to access the website’s admin page. Ensure you have a working internet.
- In the address bar given above, paste www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com or alternatively, type the default IP address of the router which is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- Once the address is pasted, tap on Enter.
- Now you are required to enter your username and password in the given space fields. If you have not personalized it, it will be the default username as “admin” and default password as the “password“. They are case sensitive so ensure not missing out on the lowercase.
- Tap on Login.
- You are now into your NETGEAR Router Configuration panel. You have successfully logged in.
How to use the Router Password Recovery feature?
If you haven’t set your username and password yet, it will be set as by default and you can use the same to log in into your account. However, if in case you have personalized it or have used the password recovery feature, you must follow the given steps-
- Go to your login page by using the URL www.routerlogin.com or www.routerlogin.net or use the IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- You will be shown the authentication required dialog box. Tap on Cancel.
- You will be landed on the router password recovery page. You have to enter the router’s serial number there( you can find it at the back side of your router).
- Tap on Continue.
- Answer the security questions being asked that you have set previously.
- Tap on continue again and your password is recovered successfully.
Troubleshoot Router Admin Page not loading
If you are likely to access the router admin page and unable to, you need to follow some basic steps we are sharing below. There may be many reasons due to which you might not be able to.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies-
For Google Chrome- Tap on top right three-dot and go to more tools. From there, you will find the option of clear browsing data. Do that.
For Mozilla Firefox- Tap on menu and there will be three lines given above. Go to preference and privacy and security. From there, tap on cookies and site data and tap on clear data option.
Safari– Open your Safari browser and go to the top menu. Tap on history and clear history.
- You can make a factory reset of your router and this will make the settings back to its default settings. Know that you won’t be able to access your personalized Wi-Fi name, password, security settings or any other configurations. Once done, login into your router page and go to Advanced> Router Information. You can see the default gateway IP.
- Skip the website and login into the IP address. You need to type the IP address in the address field. Use 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. If this doesn’t work for you, use the IP address for your router gateway that your internet provider has assigned.
- In case you are not accessible to Wi-Fi connection, then use the Ethernet port and try it.
- You must not connected to any VPN as it won’t work then. If you are, disconnect it and try connecting again. Ensure you are well connected to your NETGEAR router.
How to update wireless Router Firmware?
It is vital to keep the router software up to date due to various security purposes. It will also enable many bug fixes updates in your router software for your safety. You must perform it whenever it is available. In order to perform the update, follow the steps given below-
- Tap on Advanced. Navigate to Administration and then go to Router Update.
- You can see the update if it is available on the firmware update assistant page. If it is, tap on YES.
- It will start updating the new software from the NETGEAR Server automatically. It will take around a minute or two based on your internet speed. However, it is important to keep the router turn on till the time it is not updated. Once it is done, it will get reboot automatically.
These were the general queries you might ask regarding your NETGEAR router. We have mentioned all the step-by-step processes for each of the common troubleshoot queries asked.