Mywifiext.net is a web address that is used to set up the NETGEAR range extender. This local web address will be used to log in to the NETGEAR Router Login page where one can configure the settings as per their requirements. Settings such as firmware update, settings update, setting up the extender devices can be done through the web address. The only condition you must follow is that you are either required to stay connected with the NETGEAR device via Wi-Fi connection or Ethernet cable to access the website.
How to log in to mywifitext.net?
It is crucial to log in to the web address to configure the settings. Let us follow the given steps and complete the log-in the process now.
- First, ensure that you’ve plugged your extender. If yes, turn it on.
- Now to establish the connection, connect your extender to the router.
- Open your default web browser and in the search bar, paste mywifiext.net.
- The login page will show up.
- Use the credentials and enter the username and password. If you haven’t changed the password, use the default username as admin and password as the password.
- You’re logged in successfully.
Mywifiext.net not working? Try these methods-
If you’re unable to connect to this local web address, you can follow the steps given below to troubleshoot the issue.
- Ensure that your extender is well connected to the power supply. If not, do it.
- Change your browser. There may be an issue with your browser.
- If you’re using a wireless connection, connect the extender with an Ethernet cable.
- Reset your browser and try to reconnect it again. Do clear the cache, cookies, and history.
- Reset your range extender.
- Change and try the static IP address for the PC.
How to set up a NETGEAR Range extender?
There are mainly two methods used for setting up your NETGEAR range extender vis mywifiext.net.
- Plug your extender to the power socket.
- Now establish the connection between your extender and the device.
- Launch your network manager and connect it to the NETGEAR EXT network.
- Open your preferred browser and enter mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- Use the credentials and log in to the account.
- Now select the network you want to extend. You can choose it from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on next.
- Click the finish button and you’re done.
- Plug in your extender to the power socket.
- In your extender, the WPS button will be visible. Press and hold it for 20 seconds.
- Now release the button.
- You can see that the LED light has become stable green.
- Now connect to the extender network with the same password you used in your router device.
- Your extender is now set up.
Note that if you’re using the dual-band extender, you need to follow the above steps only. Also, for getting the password, you can check the NETGEAR extender manual.
How to reset your NETGEAR extender?
Just in case if you wish to reset your NETGEAR extender due to any reason, here are the following steps to be taken.
- Plugin your extender so the power light can be seen.
- On the backside of your extender,, a small reset button will be visible.
- With the help of a paper clip, press that button for 7 seconds.
- Now release the button.
- And it’s done. The settings will become default settings now.