192.168.0.1 is an IP address used to access the login admin page for the router brands like NETGEAR, D-link, TP-Link, etc. One can control the admin panel from the link http://192.168.0.1. You will be required to access the web management page and from there, you can make the changes such as MAC filtering, Wireless settings, accessing the parental control, changing Wi-Fi password, etc.
How to Login to 192.168.0.1?
Follow the given process to login to 192.168.0.1 admin panel-
- First, open your preferred web browser for accessing the website.
- Now type 192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- Login page will appear.
- Now use default credentials, your username as admin, and password as admin. Then Enter.
- You will be logged in to the admin panel now.
Ensure that you are typing the address without any fail. It shouldn’t have www or HTTP before typing the address. You must paste it if you are unsure of the address.
Also Check: NETGEAR Router Login
How to change the router’s Wi-Fi and SSID settings?
You can change your router password from the process given below-
- First, open your web browser and type 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- Now use your login details which is admin as username and admin or password as password. Press enter now.
- Now go to Wireless Settings > Wireless Security. Turn on WPA/WPA2 security feature and use your desired password in the given password field.
- Click on Save to apply the changes.
After doing it, your router will reboot once and the Wi-Fi will get disconnected. You will be needing to use the new Wi-Fi password to re-connect the network.
Change Network name SSID-
- Open a web browser and type http://192/168.0.1 in the address field.
- Now use your username and password in the given fields. Try using admin as the username and admin/password as the password.
- Tap on wireless and select the wireless settings option.
- In the given field, you can change the SSID name as your desired ones.
- Save the changes.
Why am I unable to access 192.168.0.1?
If you are facing issues in accessing 192.168.0.1, then there could be some error. Follow these methods.
- Make sure that you are connected to Wi-Fi
Although doing the web-based management will not be requiring any internet connection, but you must be connected to the Wi-Fi for log in to the admin page well. So ensure that you are connected.
- Check your IP address
You should check the IP address that you have typed. Ensure there is no error and if it is not the error issue, then there may be a possibility that your IP address is not this one. You must be using your default gateway address for your router.
- Clear your browsing data
Simply clean all your browser cache and cookies and proceed further.
- Update the browser
You must be using the upgraded version of your browser and router firmware both as if you are not, then the chances are high that you face incompatibility issues.
NOTE- If nothing works out for you, then try doing the factory reset once. There will be a small reset button available on the backside of your router. Press and hold it for 10 seconds with the help of a needle. You can see the LED light blinking there which means that the reset is done.
Why Am I unable to access the internet after setup?
If you are unable to access the internet after setup, follow these methods-
- Check if your internet data plan is there or not.
- Check your connection type. If it is PPPoE, you have to contact your internet provider for providing you with the username and password. For Static IP type, enter the details given by your ISP.